Apr 22, 2010

Baby falls...

The "woe's" of learning to walk...

Hailey pulled herself up to the bathtub yesterday morning and proudly let go, smiled at Mama, and then SMACK!!!!! Her top jaw hit the bathtub edge. It crushed part of her front tooth as you can see in the picture. She looked up at me while crying (her lips covered in broken tooth). I was so scared at first. I expected to see blood. The sound of her tooth on the tub was like a large glass bowl breaking. It made me cringe! I scooped her up and gave her tons of Mama love. I was so happy to not see any blood! Thank goodness. Her gum is VERY bruised above the tooth. She's bumped it a few times with her sippy cup and cried.. but.. she's actually doing much better than I expected. My poor baby! On the way home from work yesterday, Aaron told me she did it again! Only the second time she face planted on the floor instead of trying to eat the tub :(

Hailey's new found love "bananas"
Hailey tried to say 'banana' this morning... sounded like 'blah nana'

No comments:

Hailey's 1st Birthday Party

Christmas 2009