Mar 30, 2009

Test results...

I woke up to my phone ringing at 2am last night. The hospital had results come back from one of Hailey's blood cultures. She had a bacteria (with some crazy name) in her blood. It's in the same family as strep throat & pneumonia. They don't know for sure how she got the bacteria, it's not known to be caught by someone already sick with strep/pneumonia. My cousin mentioned her daughter "Dakota," had a similar experience recently. Scary! *So sorry to hear, Kas! I'm grateful she is also doing well.* My cousin was told by their ER doctor's that their daughter's seizure was a "Febrile seizure." Our ER doctor's came to the same conclusion with Hailey. It has to do with their body temperature rising quickly. Apparently this can be quite common. I found a definition of a Febrile Seizure that accurately describes what happened to Hailey and is very informative. You can read it if you're interested at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Febrile_seizure

All is well!!! We got back from the doctor's this afternoon and she doesn't show any sign of the bacteria in her body anymore. Hailey is healthy... weighed in at 13lbs and 4oz. The pediatrician was extremely surprised there was no sign or trace of it. While at the hospital, this last weekend, Uncle Andy and Uncle Darrell gave her a blessing in the ER. I KNOW that is why my beautiful baby is healthy. I'm very happy they were able to give her a blessing. Heavenly Father is watching out for Hailey.. she's been thru a lot in her 3months so far. She's a very strong girl.. happy.. and very set in her ways :). I love her with all my heart and I'm so grateful she is okay. I took this picture of her today when we got home.. she's talking and playing with her ladybug.. she's happy!

2 comments:

Shani said...

Molly,

We are glad to hear that they did find the problem. When we heard about it last weekend, we kept you in our prayers and thoughts the whole time.

We are thankful to God that they were able to determine the cause and that everything is now Okay.

Ken and Shani Tennant

Molly said...

Thank you :)

Hailey's 1st Birthday Party

Christmas 2009