Mar 29, 2009

Life flight...

It's early Sunday morning. I can't sleep... thought I'd write a new post on our family blog. I'm so grateful my beautiful "Hay Hay" is okay! She was life flighted from Grandma's house in Idaho City, yesterday morning, to St. Lukes hospital. She suffered a minor seizure. They did several tests including a cat scan. Talk about scary!!! I flew in the helicopter with Hailey and Daddy was at home. He didn't know anything had happened. Uncle Andy (Thank you) had to go get Daddy and meet us in the ER. So far, everything has come back positive. My baby is okay!!! Yesterday was horrible! She had every possible poke and needle stuck into her. "Thank you" to my family! What a day. Drew & Darrell... "Thank you for giving Hailey a blessing. I know she's okay because of it." I couldn't have gotten thru this without my family, or my wonderful husby. Matt & Erin.. "Thank you for lunch. It was much appreciated." My sisters, brothers, mom, and stepmom were all so supportive in the ER. The whole family shed lots of tears and had many moments of not knowing what was wrong. They don't know what caused the seizure. They think she may have gotten too hot. So far, it's a freak thing... don't think it will happen again. We're having to watch her close in case she shows signs of a seizure again. Which by the way... were: yellowed skin color, eyes rolling back into her head, cold and clammy, wouldn't respond to Mommy, was lethargic, and rapid breathing... her lips got a little bluish according to the paramedic's (I didn't see.. was running around getting ready to meet the helicopter). She had an unusual cry... it was more like an uncomfortable moan. My poor baby was miserable. The paramedic's were all so kind. I had to hold Hailey while trying to take blood from her... that was worse than watching her get vaccinated. The orange bear is what they used to give her oxygen. The air comes out of the Bear's tummy. And, below the bear :( is Mommy and Daddy's favorite pair of pj's that Hailey just grew into... they wouldn't let me pull her arm out of the Jammie's and insisted on cutting the arm to take her blood. Oh well.. small price to pay considering. I'm so happy Hailey is doing so well. She's napping peacefully in her crib now. Mommy and Daddy are so relieved. Hay hay.. we love you!!!

3 comments:

Amy Heath said...

I'm so glad she's okay Moll! We all love her so much, and hope that it won't happen again. Someone mentioned her throwing herself back as a sign to watch out for, dunno, but either way, I'm glad you're okay, she's okay, and everyone is home safe. Lots of prayers were in your favor yesterday! I love you, and too believe that the blessing was instrumental in making it all "ok". (I told Aaron, maybe it's a sign, you should just stay!)

The Picketts said...

Oh that's sooo scary! I'm glad that so far she's doing good! That's the hardest thing to do as a mommy when they're so little. Gracie spent a week in the hospital due to some kidney issues (we didn't know that was the problem at the time) but it's so sad when they poke and prod them! I will definitely keep you guys in my prayers!

Kas said...

I know how scary that can be! Dakota had a seizure a few weeks ago and we spent 2 different nights in the ER. She was also sick though with a 104 temp and they think the temp caused the seizure..called a febrile seizure. Because everything else came back normal. Was Hailey running a fever or anything? Dakota also became unresponsive, her lips turned purple, her eyes got droopy and her body was stiff as a board. Soon as it ended, she was so tired she fell asleep where she was. I hope everything is ok! Much love...

Hailey's 1st Birthday Party

Christmas 2009