Aug 29, 2010

Off to Nursery...





Today we got to church and a little boy hit Hailey in the face several times before I realized it was happening. His Mom ran over and grabbed him, slapped his hand and told him "no." Hailey just looked at him with confusion, not sure what to do. I asked her if she was ok and told her he wasn't being nice. Then, I grabbed her little hand and we walked all the way around to the other side of the building. For the very first time, I took Hailey to Nursery! I started to sit her down to the table and before I could finish... she was leaned over giving GIANT hugs and a great big kiss to a little girl with down syndrome. Hailey doesn't do this to just any kid, but, she always has when she's seen this little girl. Sorry, I don't know her name yet. But, it was so sweet. Once Hailey sat down, she started to rattle off all kinds of baby jabber... talking to the little girl next to her. She was so happy and excited to be in nursery. I left her with a big Mama hug and kiss... left the room... and had to cross the hall. I went into the bathroom for just a quick second... my eyes had gotten all watery and silly me... I cried just a little. But, quickly I composed myself and peeked in on her once before going to Sunday school. She was adorable! So busy playing, sharing, and just being happy as can be. I peeked in on her again just before Relief Society and watched her from the hall for about one minute or so. The Nursery leader's little boy followed her every where she went. He took every toy out of her hand and tried to take anything she picked up. Every time he did this, she just gave him a look like he was nuts and without any hollering she moved onto a new toy. After a few times of this I think she got sick of it... pretty soon I heard her say "no," then it became "NO," and soon she was giving him the "stink eye look" and off to the other side of the room hollering "NO!" The leader (and mom of the boy) came over and took him out of the room. Hailey was back to her happy little self hopping across the room on her little tip toes.. doing that funny little run hop she loves to do and went back to playing. I'm so proud of her... I saw her sharing and being such a good girl. When I picked her up.. the leader said she kissed "Kennedy" several times during class... think we'll have to put a stop to that. I love her!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

In the very top pictures, Hailey looks like Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music. What a cutie patootie!!

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Hailey's 1st Birthday Party

Christmas 2009