May 16, 2008

Our Family Grew March 20th, 2008


Allana... I’ve known since the day she turned 4. It was her birthday, July 16th, 2004. It was the same day I met my husband. They just moved in with Amy and Andrew. I briefly met them, and left. Little did I know what was to lie ahead in my future. One year, one month, and 3days ago... was one of the best days of my life. I married my very best friend, Aaron, and was blessed with my beautiful step-daughter... Allana! The road has been full of unforgettable experiences. Both good and bad. I love our little family. Being so far from Allana is a huge challenge for our family. Visits are precious and very special. About a month ago, I had an idea. Aaron hadn’t seen Allana since she was here for the summer. Her spring break was coming and Aaron wished he could be with her. Lucky for Allana, Nana lives nearby. So, I came up with a great idea. I wanted Aaron and Allana to spend her spring break together. As usual, work was stingy and wouldn’t let Aaron off. Since his work schedule is a bit unusual, I was able to get him a flight for his days off. It was a surprise! Much to my surprise, in planning, I realized I had goofed... bad! Allana’s spring break was the following week... AAAHHH! What a mess I had on my hands. But, with the help of many, I managed to get Allana out of school so she wouldn’t miss the opportunity to spend that precious time with her daddy. With alot of help, I surprised them both. Aaron flew in and was picked up by "Nana and Allana." Allana and Aaron were both shocked to see each other. So cool!

As their weekend continued... more emotional experiences happened. Aaron lost a cousin, Adam. Our prayers are with Uncle Randy and the rest of the family. What a weekend this was for our family... a loved one has passed on... and during the very same weekend... a very loved one was gained... our family grew! Aaron FINALLY was blessed with the most amazing opportunity ever! Steven is now back in his life... in our life... our family grew! What a blessing for us all. Since I’ve been with Aaron, I’ve known about Steven. Not much, but as much as Aaron could tell me. Steven’s little picture has hung in all of Aaron’s houses... it’s on our bookcase now. Steven and his Grandma Debbie contacted the family, and, for the first time in 14 years, Aaron was blessed to meet his Son, Steven. He now has a picture of He and Steven. What a handsome young man he is too... just like his Dad! I wasn’t able to get time off work so I could be with my family this past weekend. So, I wasn’t able to join the rest of the family to meet Steven. We are beside ourselves... can’t believe it finally happened! Last night I spoke with Allana at Nana’s house... asked her what she did today.... her response was " I saw my brother." I asked her if she looked like him.. she said "no," then I asked if he looks like daddy, she said "YES!" I asked her how she felt about having a brother... she said "HAPPY." Our whole family is so happy. I can’t wait to meet Steven. So excited! I don’t know how he feels about everything.... or having a step-mom (me) but, I hope that someday he feels part of our family. He is part of our family... our family grew and we are so happy!

No comments:

Hailey's 1st Birthday Party

Christmas 2009